I’m Alan Moore and I live near Malton in North Yorkshire (UK).
My musical qualifications include a BA (Hons), Dip.Mus, PGCE teaching certificate and I hold a diploma in Media Composition from ThinkSpace Education. I also hold a 2nd BA (Hons) in Humanities (English/History).
Why Take Piano lesson with me?
- Registered ABRSM and Trinity College teacher: I have successfully entered many students for their 'Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music' and 'Trinity College London' instrumental examinations.
- All ages and abilities welcome (from ages 7 to 70).
- I teach many adults, including retirees.
- I travel to your home which makes it very easy to start lessons. I cover mainly the Malton, Pickering and wider Ryedale area.
- 30 years experience of piano tuition and all aspects of classroom music.
- Fully qualified music teacher: BA Hons, Dip.Mus, Postgraduate Certificate in Education, MISM, ABRSM piano grades.
- I am DBS/CRB checked and hold an Enhanced Certificate.
- I have also completed the NSPCC Child Protection Awareness In Music programme.
- DofE Assessor: learn to play the piano for your Duke of Edinburgh's Award!
- Registered Private Teacher member of the Incorporated Society of Musicians – the UK’s professional body for musicians.
- I treat each student as an individual and plan their lessons accordingly, thereby addressing each student’s needs and goals.
- I keep detailed lesson notes and suggestions for improvement after each lesson which I email to parents and students in preparation for the next lesson.
- Competitive fees, especially as I travel to your home to teach.
Please get in touch if you have any questions about piano lessons.